This update contains one major improvement and that is much better compatibility with a variety of hosting setups.
We call it “Project 30 seconds”, because we wanted to keep every request below 30 seconds across the migration tasks. Most of the tasks already did that, but not all the steps. The reason for this change is that some hosting have one or more timeouts beside the one set in PHP. This effectively means that PHP can get cut off before it actually finished. This caused quite a few problems for some customers and we wanted this problem to go away, so this version should do just that.
|Complete changelog for version 1.4.0:|
- Highlight: Big improvement to the compatibility with different hosting setups – Everything now runs chunked in 30 seconds or less, which prevents timeouts on some hosting
- Bugfix: SAVEQUERIES constant now properly detected
- Bugfix: Proper handling of unlimited memory limit and max execution time in PHP
- Bugfix: Prevent security token timeout on slow systems
- Bugfix: Database backup mistakenly went into endless loop, when having no tables to backup
We hope you enjoy this release. Feel free to let us know how it works out for you.